Add this page to your book
Remove this page from your book
Vaccinations and COVID
France has a strong pro-vaccine culture, as the country of origin of Institut Pasteur.
While vaccination is not always mandatory, it is free and highly recommended. In some cases, it is mandatory :
- Vaccines are Pfizer/Biontech and Moderna. We do not use the Russian Sputnik Vaccine.
- With COVID vaccination, you will receive a European vaccination certificate.
- 12-15 year old children need parents approval. 16-18 year old children don't.
- Do not buy false vaccination certificates. If found, the pass will be deactivated and you may be fined. Lying also puts your life at risk of not receiving proper treatment in hospitals in a timely manner : Example
- You can buy tests at “Pharmacie”. They no longer are free.
- You can buy covid mask in supermarkets. It is cheaper than at “Pharmacie”.
- Non-profit organizations and cities often offer masks for free to refugees.
- Rules are changing often. Rules are decided by the central government, the Prefet (the head of Prefecture) and the mayor of each city.
- New rules are usually advertised on TV, radios and in newspapers.
- Local rules are published on the website of each prefecture and in its Twitter feed.
- Currently it is not required to have a mask outside. Inside, the mask is preferred. It is required in planes or trains.
- Most essential services (supermarkets) are open without proof of vaccination or proof of tests.
- Advice: Do what you see French people do.
COVID Train rules
- No verification of COVID passport.
COVID Plane rules
- Verification of European COVID vaccination passport or antigene tests.